MQTT, Instaneous Export - Question from the Glow Team

13»

Comments

• Thanks Ian, I'm still on the original 0314B700, I could ask Octopus to update but then the update may break something else....

• Also seeing 0w on my IHD - support asked me to put my meter type and firmware in here.

Electricity Meter (Energy Supplier responsibility)

Device Type: ESME

Manufacturer: EDMI [106C]

Model: ES-30B [30E5A100]

GUID: redacted

Installed: 2022-06-27

Firmware Certified: 23/04/2021

Firmware Age: 2 [0320B720] (number of newer versions available)

- Export MPAN configured [redacted]

- Import MPAN configured [redacted]

Security Expiry Date: 2026-06-18 00:00:00

Energy supplier Octopus.

• You may have my meter on your records from a year or so ago but in case anything has changed it is an: EDMI ES-10B and the firmware is 0314B700. Currently on Octopus Flex Economy 7 and fixed export

It would be helpful to have an update on progress or lack of it in regard to enabling the flow of export readings via the Glow CAD for those of us that don't currently get them. If it is a meter firmware or other setting that is needed can you pinpoint who is responsible for updating the meter so we can look to the correct organisation to provide the solution?

• Hi

I don't see any export on my Glow IHD i.e. it never goes below 0.

My live reading on my Octopus live display also never goes below 0w (I have an Octopus Mini).

My electricity meter is a 118F - Aclara, model 00000107, it's firmware is 00070602

Do you need anymore information?

Thanks

• @Jane@Glow I have a Honeywell AS302P, for which my supplied IHD has never supplied export indication. I now have a Glow CAD and whilst it provides MQTT cumulative export feed (to Home Assistant), it also does not indicate when exporting.

• Hi, I've just received my IHD isn't working for export, the meter is a three phase Aclara 21M0139564, I assume this may be one requiring adding to the list

Many thanks

Josh

• Hi, I've just received my IHD isn't working for export, the meter is a three phase EDMI ES-30B (mentioned before) firmware 0320B720

Thanks

• Hello everyone - apologies if this isn't clear but we don't provide support via the Forum - we just don't have the resource. It is designed for the community to help each other.

If you've specific enquiries please email support@glowmarkt.com as then we can investigate further.

For the record, we don't support export yet on the Display or within Bright - but it is available on the APIs. We just haven't had the time and resource availability to add it to both - but definitely on the roadmap!

• edited September 13

Quote: "Anyway - the question is - for those of you who have experienced this - what type of meters have you got and what is the firmware version?"

Hello Jane,

Yes, I think we understand that this forum is "self Help". But...

Your Thread Starter is specificity asking users to report suspect meters and their firmware.

My hope is that with that information your discussions with Ministers will be better informed.

Best regards, Martin

• Thanks Martin - I'm not sure that we'll get up to Minister level BUT the good news is that we are in direct contact with the person in the department who has the most technical expertise, and they listen to us so what more can you ask for ;) Will be getting them the collated list in the next few days, this is a good reminder that we've now enough evidence to follow up.

As we are going to be launching a new proportional load control device that connects to the DCC infrastructure - once final testing is complete - having accurate export data will be even more critical.