CAD data to Prometheus / Grafana
We had a question from a customer about using Prometheus and Grafana for graphing data, so I thought I would post something here that the Hildebrand support team could refer to.
- Enable MQTT by contacting Hildebrand support - make sure they know your account name so they can just action it straight away. We'll probably be making this self service soon, but we are studying the loads and how to make it scale without huge costs.
- Use a MQTT to Prometheus tool like - https://github.com/inuits/mqttgateway (others are available and I couldn't tell you if one is better than another)
- Configure your topics and parsing - a good starter (https://forum.glowmarkt.com/index.php?p=/discussion/10/interfacing-to-domoticz-using-mqtt#latest)
- Hook up all the bits and away you go.
- Let us know what metrics and things you find interesting in Grafana. We use Grafana in some of our industrial deployments - it is a nice tool. We may look at supporting it more formally - someone from the company contacted us, but just too busy to follow up ;)