IHD Firmware release 1.7.4
Today we are releasing new IHD firmware with following fixes
- Change to meter requests so an unresponsive meter in an installed but not commissioned state doesn’t affect reading the other meter.
- Bug fix to prevent a corrupt receive buffer from losing further data.
- Built with a newer version of the SDK. This fixes a WiFi re-authentication bug which could cause the IHD to lose internet connection.
- Unauthorised status codes on historical values prior to the installation date are now correctly handled.
- Gas meter data is no longer uploaded to the server if the current summation delivered attribute is returned as unsupported. This previously caused problems on SMETS1 gas meters yet to be commissioned.
"Built with a newer version of the SDK. This fixes a WiFi re-authentication bug which could cause the IHD to lose internet connection."
Thank you so much for this - I've been wondering why my IHD had been rock-solid stable on my WiFi network over the past week or so!
Really appreciate the reply - thanks.
What causes a new firmware version to be pushed out to a device? I notice that my Glow has "application firmware 1.7.0", and this release note for 1.7.4 is from May last year.
My Glow also seems to be working fine, so I guess I should just be happy?
(Edit: Maybe I read the number wrong - I have 1.7.4)
Not sure why your device is saying 1.7.0 I just checked you are on 1.7.4
Thanks @clivee - I've double checked and you're right; dumb reading error on my part I guess, sorry, and thanks for checking. And now I know that updates happen without me having to press any buttons on the IHD I'll avoid worrying about it.