Dual / Multi Tariff Reporting

Are there any plans to support reporting for Multiple Tariffs?

I currently am on a Economy 7 tariff but am considering changing to a supplier that has 3 rates over the day to support heat pumps.

At the moment the data has cumulative import values (IE Rate 1 + Rate 2 + Rate n), for the Meter, Day, Week, and Month and also shows the unit cost and the standing charge, The unit cost value changes at night time.

My problem is I cannot multiply the unit price by the Day Reading as some of the units are at the night rate and the rest at the day rate.

Can the MQTT Data please be extended to ADD

1) an array of Current, Day, Week, Month, and Rate values for each of the import charging rate is enabled on the meter? IE for my meter I would have 2 values in the array

2) an Index to indicate which rate is import charging rate is currently active (IE for my case Overnight rate index 0 and for day time 1.

The above would make a massive difference to the functionality.

Comments

• I think this is basically the same request I made here https://forum.glowmarkt.com/index.php?p=/discussion/411/rate-1-and-rate-2-values,

sadly it's not attracted any response since last September which is a shame as it would be really helpful.

• Hello @MarkLeman and @npmp - apologies for the lack of response. We tend to encourage people to use our Forum to support each other and for announcements as monitoring questions and support needs in this space requires more people than we have on the team at the moment.

Our tariff engine (which sits behind our APIs) can cope with that structure of tariff @npmp - do you know if your energy supplier has loaded it onto the meter correctly? We find that is usually the 'point of failure'. You can currently manually add a simple time of use tariff via the Bright App - but not more complex ones as you describe more due to the nature of getting the user interface design right for the data entry.

Your question is specifically about the MQTT feed - if the meter has got the structure correct then the MQTT feed should be delivering it. Could you drop an email to support@glowmarkt.com from your account and we can check what is on the meter. As you know, we don't intervene in any way with the MQTT feed, it delivers what the meter reports.

• Check response in the other thread, it would work with HA and 2 rates, I bet you can figure something out to capture the 3 rates too similarly

• @Ygr1 - I've amended my post - I was wrong, we can let someone load quite a complex tariff in the front end of Bright - lots of new Tomato customers have put in their five slots a day without issue.