Bright and API Status Update (29 March 2022)

2»

Comments

• Looks like MQTT has dropped again. APP seems to be working though at the moment......

• And back a few minutes later.. @JaneatGlow are you and the team aware of this ?

Dan.

• I’m having the same, in and out MQTT availability at the moment

• At approx 3:30 BST my glowstick was showing a red light and my 3:30 meter reading had been missed. No real problem - my 3pm reading had been received OK and I'd noticed the red light, rebooted stick and set up a manual meter reading for 3:35 (when because Sun was shining reading was exactly same as it had been at 3pm (and indeed didn't increase until 5pm. If it was a Bright server outage, it can only have lasted half an hour at most.

• I'm still getting occasional dropouts from MQTT - Currently both MQTT and API are not able to connect since 15:30 BST.

• Now connecting again and pulling data as of 15:45 BST.

• Hi @DMoore - I've not got support tickets in and think it may be down to something local?

• I also had a drop between 15:30 BST and 15:45 BST over MQTT by the looks of things.

Also had a few shorter drops between 14:03 BST + 14:08 BST; 14:32 BST + 14:39 BST; 16:01 BST + 16:08 BST.

Let me know if there's anything I can send over to help 😄

• Hi Jane, it's currently playing up again..MQTT says connecting, then drops. Don't believe it's local as a few are reporting issues (Yesterday and today). I can raise a ticket if you wish ?

Dan.

• Hi Jane,

I've raised a ticket as now just getting timeouts trying to connect.

Dan.

• And of course, it now connects as soon as I raise a ticket 😂 But I suspect there is an underlying issue.

Dan.

• Yep, definitely a bit flaky for the last 24 hours at least - just little drops, nothing major but visible against both MQTT and API connectivity.

• Seems to be dropping at half past the hour pretty consistently 🤔

• Yes, I have noticed that too. Very odd....

• Sounds like it's a Linseed Oil moment..

• Just in case I've lost the audience. In the olden days cricketers used linseed oil to preserve their cricket bats.. 😂

• Thanks for the clarification - as a very-non-sporty 21 year old, it flew over my head as fast as the cricket ball would!

• Hi all - we are aware of a few niggly issues and the team are investigating.

• I'm still not getting great information through on MQTT. Are all the known problems resolved now or is something still amiss?

Thank you.

• Hi jkt - there were no known problems, a few niggly issues (not sure when a niggly issue becomes a problem!) and an individual user with issues with either their own meters or local connection.

As usual, please contact support@ - thank you!

• I have the Glow stick. This worked faultlessly for me for several months until the issues that occurred in late January. When service was restored, I kept seeing dropouts in the MQTT feed. I use the MQTT feed to send data to Home Assistant and there would be flat-lines in the cumulative data despite good data availability in the Bright app. This got worse, and eventually the feed through MQTT would only last for a few minutes or a few hours and then cutout completely. Restarting my MQTT server resolved the problem but it would always recur. There's quite heavy load on the MQTT server that runs as a container, so I wondered whether network activity was the problem (I'm adding more devices all the time). I changed the port for the bridge from 1883 to 8883, and since this there don't appear to have been any dropouts in connection. I appreciate that this may be a situation unique to me, but this may be worth a try for some.